Disclaimer:

The contents of this blog are completely mine and do not reflect any position of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Medically Cleared! Now onto legal!

So although my online toolkit isn't yet updated, I received an email from the placement office this morning congratulating me for having been medically cleared yesterday and letting me know that it would be a few days until the legal review would be completed and then 2-4 weeks until the preliminary review of my file by the placement office would take place.  I was very happy (but still a little nervous because my online account isn't updated).

Yet again, my strategy is to be a real person to the people that are reviewing my file and hope that it moves things along.  Thanks to the Peace corps Journals site, I was able to finally get the phone number for the legal services office (which is surprisingly impossible to find with a google search or a search of the peace corps website).  I called and got a nice man who also confirmed that I was medically cleared yesterday and talked me through the three holds on my file and said it would be reviewed in a few days.

However!  When I told him what I had included in my application regarding the holds (1. a general hold, 2. a financial obligation hold and 3. a divorce hold) he said he would look at my file today and get in touch with me if anything else was needed and would otherwise clear the hold.   WHOO HOOO!  (Or as my step-dad would say, WFH!!!!!).

Once again, crossing my fingers that "today" actually does mean "today".  I guess I'll know pretty soon!

2 comments:

  1. very nice! Do you mind sharing the number for the legal office?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go: 1.800.424.8580, option 2, extension 1845

    ReplyDelete